Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I won at bowling

I have been super busy with school, three graduate courses are keeping me on my toes!  But I did have time to go bowling on Saturday.

Sarah's bowling victory leap
Vegans can levitate.  Have I mentioned this?

This joyful dance was after my one and only strike.  Nonetheless, I still got the highest score of....100.  So we're not bowling experts!  I think that only serves to confirm our coolness.

Given my busy schedule, I don't have loads of time to labor away in the kitchen.  I've been making things that are quick, and this dish qualifies as super quick, and super yum.

Broiled B It comes out slightly crispy (hence the brown parts) from being under the broiler - delicious!

1 Trader Joe's Bag of Organic Broccoli (which they have kindly chopped and cleaned for you)
1 TBS chopped garlic - preferably farmers market garlic which is a different variety of garlic than supermarkets generally sell
1 TBS Olive Oil
1/4 tsp fine salt

Chop 1 TBS of awesome farmers market garlic and place in 1 TBS of Oil to marinate for at least 1 hour.  I left mine overnight.  Mix in 1/4 tsp fine salt into the oil/garlic.  In a big bowl with a lid, combine the garlic/salt/oil mix with the broccoli, and shake it all around a lot to ensure even coating.

I broke up the really big chunks of broccoli from the bag so they would cook evenly, and placed the teeny ones in the center all crowded, and the big fatties at the edge spaced out to further even out the size/cooking time discrepancies.

Broil on high for 5 minutes, then flip each piece, then broil 3-5 more minutes (depends on how intense your broiler is, keep a close watch, broilers can burn things up super quick). Enjoy.

No comments: