Monday, May 7, 2012

Lip Balm Review: Eco Lips Vegan Lip Balm

I've used many lip balms over the years. Growing up, I used the petro-chemical based ones. After learning that petroleum derived products are used in many beauty products, I switched to petro-free types, but the balms made with bees wax just dried out my lips even further. A few years ago we got Eco Lips Bee Free Vegan Lip Balm in our goodie back at the COK (Compassion over Killing) holiday party. It was the best lip balm I'd ever used. Also, really expensive (for a cheap bastard such as me). So I've continued to try to find another cheaper vegan lip balm that didn't have nasty perfumey smells to it, but I just keep coming back to Eco-Lips. I've tried Eco-Lips own cheaper non-vegan lip balm, which is not good at all. The bee-free lip balm is so amazing, if you find a better cheaper lip balm, (which is unlikely but if you do), let me know. I encourage everyone who needs a lip balm to try it once. Especially since more demand for their product could result in mass production cost savings, and lower lip balm prices, making this cheap bastard very happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried Eco-Lips but I LOVE the Hurraw balms. The citrus ones like grapefruit or lime for when I work out, the cinnamon or black cherry for when I want a hint of color, and the coffee bean just because it smells good enough to eat.